Joomla is an award-winning content management system (CMS) which enables us to build websites and powerful online applications. Joomla is flexible, secure, and open source.
Many aspects, including its ease-of-use and extensibility, have made Joomla the most popular website software available.
Joomla is an open source solution that is freely available to everyone. Joomla keeps track of every piece of content on your site, much like your local public library keeps track of books and stores them. Content can be simple text, photos, music, video, documents, or just about anything you can think of. A major advantage of using Joomla is that it requires almost no technical skill or knowledge to manage.
Here are just a few examples of sites that use Joomla:
- MTV Networks Quizilla (Social networking) - http://www.quizilla.com
- IHOP (Restaurant chain) - http://www.ihop.com
- Harvard University (Educational) - http://gsas.harvard.edu
- The Green Maven (Eco-resources) - http://www.greenmaven.com
- Outdoor Photographer (Magazine) - http://www.outdoorphotographer.com
- PlayShakespeare.com (Cultural) - http://www.playshakespeare.com
- Senso Interiors (Furniture design) - http://www.sensointeriors.co.za
For more, visit joomla.org